Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Working with Divraj Dakoji

At Robert Blackburn Printmaking Workshop I met Divraj Dakoji, a printmaking master. It is interesting that last night Divraj came to my studio to see my portfolio of paintings. He was delighted on my concept of painting through the body movements. He wanted me to learn a new technique by using regular litho aluminum plate but making the traces with Xerox Toner. We were working at my studio creating three lithos then we did the process of setting the toner through heat at the printmaking workshop and this is what it came up.



The litho  plates measure 24" x 30". The next step is preparing the litho plates for printing. My experience working with Divraj was fantastic. Working with a master it is something not to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment